Chemplex 862 Silicone Compound Lubricant 100 Pack of 1g Packets
- For valve seats, O-rings, flow meters, plug valves and vacuum and pressure systems.
- Used to lubricate and insulate electrical connectors and ignition components and as assembly lubricants for rubber and plastic parts.
- Certified to ANSI / NSF-61 standards and is designed for use in potable water systems where NSF certification is required.
- Non-toxic, non-melting, tacky compound with excellent water repellency, dielectric properties and oxidation resistance, with a temperature range of -40 to + 400 F.
- TDS and MSDS readily available via manufacturer's website.
CHEMPLEX 862 Silicone Compound is a specially formulated grease-like product
containing selected silicone oils and inert silica thickeners. It meets NSF-61
standards for potable water contact under both hot and cold water conditions.
This stiff, tacky compound has excellent water repellency, dielectric
properties and oxidation resistance. It is essentially non-toxic, non-melting
and retains its pliability even after extended service use. CHEMPLEX 862 has a
broad temperature range of -40 to 400F (-40 to 240C), which allows for use
in even the harshest environments. CHEMPLEX 862 is extremely water-resistant
and withstands water washout and spray off. Can be used in extreme
applications as a lubricant and a release agent or applications where
resistance to moisture, thermal degradation or electrical insulation are
needed. Field of application O rings, rubber and plastic gaskets used in water
faucets, valves and filters or applications where sticking or exposure to the
elements occurs. Not recommended for use with highly oxidative chemicals such
as chlorine, peroxides or liquid oxygen. Method of application CHEMPLEX 862
can be applied by various methods, including automated pumping systems, by
hand, by brushing or by wiping. It can be applied by spraying or dipping by
lowering the consistency of the product by diluting the compound with solvents
such as mineral spirits, xylene, methyl ethyl ketone, or toluene. CHEMPLEX 862
has a shelf life of four years from date of shipment when stored in a sealed
container at a temperature of 74F. Extended shelf life is possible, but
material should be checked for consistency before use any any excess oil
should be removed.